Itinerary


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
October 24th 2010
Published: October 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

For those of you who haven't seen our itinerary - here it is. Going to be busy!

Day 1: Australia to Beijing

Fly to Beijing with Qantas Airways via Hong Kong for a 4 night stay.
Day 2: Beijing

Today we stroll through famous Tiananmen Square, past Chairman Mao’s Mausoleum, and visit the Forbidden City. Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the traditional Hutong areas. This evening we enjoy a sample of the local delicacy ‘Peking Duck’.
Day 3: Beijing

Enjoy an exciting walk along the Great Wall admiring the panoramic views, a highlight of any trip to China. Later this afternoon we visit the unique Temple of Heaven, built in the 15th Century.
Day 4: Beijing

Enjoy some shopping time at the silk markets. Later we wander through the landscaped beauty of the Summer Palace. Our evening entertainment will be a fascinating Chinese Acrobatic show.
Day 5: Beijing to Xian

We fly to the historic city of Xian this morning for a 2 night stay. Upon arrival we visit the Shaanxi Provincial Museum before indulging in a traditional Shui Jiao Dumpling Banquet this evening.
Day 6: Xian

Today we visit one of the most significant archaeological discoveries of the 20th Century, the life-size Terracotta Warriors, followed by the ancient City Wall. Stroll through the lively Muslim Quarter to visit the Great Mosque and explore the interesting Islamic food markets. This evening we enjoy a performance of traditional Tang Dynasty dancing.
Day 7: Xian to Wuhan (Yangtze Cruise)

This morning we enjoy a visit to the Little Wild Goose Pagoda before flying to Wuhan. Upon arrival we will be transferred by coach (approx 4-5hrs) to board our Yangtze River cruise for the next 4 nights along one of the world's greatest waterways.
Days 8-10: Yangtze River Cruise

Enjoy a tour to the Three Gorges Dam before cruising on the mighty Yangtze River. Along the way we will cruise through some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, the Three Gorges and take some shore excursions to explore the fascinating history and tranquil landscape of the tributary streams (subject to change).
Day 11: Chongqing to Chengdu

Arrive in Chongqing this morning and transfer to Chengdu. This evening enjoy a sumptuous Sichuan Banquet.
Day 12: Chengdu - Leshan

This morning we visit the famous Panda Research Centre to see these endearing animals being reared in surroundings reminiscent of their natural habitat. From here we travel to Leshan to view the Grand Buddha. The enormous statue is carved into the side of the Lingyun Mountain and is over 71m tall and wide enough for more than 100 people to sit between its feet.
Day 13: Chengdu to Guilin

Today we will be transferred to the airport to board our flight to Guilin, one of China's most beautiful cities for an overnight stay. Upon arrival we visit Mt. Diecai for clear views of the surrounding karst landscape.
Day 14: Guilin to Yangshuo (Li River Cruise)

Relax on a Li River Cruise, as we travel to the town of Yangshuo for an overnight stay. Spend the evening walking the cobblestone streets and enjoy the atmosphere of this enchanting town.
Day 15: Yangshuo to Guilin

Visit the local markets before returning to Guilin, where we will visit the Reed Flute Caves.
Day 16: Guilin to Suzhou

Fly to Shanghai and transfer by coach to Suzhou for an overnight stay.
Day 17: Suzhou to Shanghai

This morning we visit a Silk Mill, still in operation today. Later we cruise on a section of the ancient Grand Canal and see classical oriental gardens. After lunch we return to Shanghai and enjoy an evening banquet of traditional Shanghai cuisine.
Day 18: Shanghai

Today we visit the Yu Gardens, the Old Town and take a stroll along the famous Bund.
Day 19: Shanghai

Visit the Pudong area and explore the Xintiandi area with its 1920s style ‘shikumen’ buildings unique to Shanghai. This evening enjoy a panoramic cruise on the Huangpu River.
Day 20: Depart Shanghai

Transfer to the airport to board our overnight flight home.
Day 21: Arrive Australia

Arrive home this morning.

Advertisement



26th October 2010

:)
Woohoo!

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb