Whitsundays to Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
April 7th 2006
Published: April 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone,

We are in Brisbane at the moment having a quiet few days to save some money. We've had an amazing week or so but it's been pricey. From Airlie Beach we took a day tour to the Whitsundays- a group of beautiful islands. We spent quite a while at Whitehaven which was so amazing with its marble effect sand and sea.

We also went snorkelling round here and the water was so much clearer than it had been in Cairns. We saw so many tropical fish and they swam right up to you and were nearly touching your face! We also saw an absolute beast fish which was the size of me from my head to my knees but fatter. I got a bit scared snorkelling because my air thingy kept filling up so they gave me a float ehehe.

We stayed in our first 8 person dorm which was as annoying as I'd expected. One bathrrom between 8 girls isn't fun and the light was on all night while people came in and out. Grr. We vowed never to go en-suite with that many girls and have had really lovely accommodation since in 4 bed dorms.

After the Whitsundays we headed down to Hervey Bay. 13 hours later we arrived! But Fraser Island was worth it. We stayed 2 days 1 night on a tour and it was really worth it. Fraser is the largest sand island in the world and has so much to see. We went via 4x4 coach- very strange- and drove along the beach which is Frasers 'highway.' The highlight was Lake MacKenzie which is an enormous fresh water lake and so clean. It was as cold as Whitby to swim in though!

The place we're staying in now in Brisbane is a big house in the inner suburbs and it feels really homey. We're staying here for 4 more nights before we move to Byron Bay... and hopefully learn to surf (weather permitting). Me and Kim are sure we'll be naturals at it, what with our sporting backgrounds hehe. In Brisbane we want to visit the Koala Sanctuary and go to the Tribal Gallery to learn to paint in the aboriginal style but apart from that we're just enjoying coffeeing and sitting around- Kim says finding places to sir is my favourite thing to do 😊

Hope
champagne poolschampagne poolschampagne pools

Champagne pools we swam in- so called because the waves splash in and make it frothy!
you're all excited about Easter. Me and Kim have been browsing for Easter Eggs to buy each other for weeks now. Don't forget that Easter Eggs will keep for when we get back hehe.

Love Lou xx x x x x xxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Lake WabbyLake Wabby
Lake Wabby

Its green from Algi, no from fish poo, so the guide assured me.
Lake MacKenzieLake MacKenzie
Lake MacKenzie

It was so clear even when it got really deep


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb