Returning home!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
April 28th 2010
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We caught the shuttle bus to Brisbane Airport at 21.50pm - in the queue we discovered we were the only people on our flight with our original flight - everyone else had been delayed by the volcanic ash!

As our flights had been changed over Christmas we were dreading this return journey even more! We were due to wait in Bandar airport for 14 hours! YUK!

However, once we had checked in and received our boarding passes we were told to go to the helo desk where an envelope had our name on???

Result - we have been booked into a hotel in Borneo and will be shutttled to and from the airport for connecting flights.

The flight went without a hitch and we were soon waiting outside for our first shuttle bus. The hotel was stunning marble and gold!!! To say we felt under dressed was an under statement we both had the same smelly outfits on we had flown overnight in!

Not to worry the bathroom was ready for us shampoo, soap and even razors! Kerry made the most of the robe and slippers before we went downstairs for the complimentary breakfast. It was here we received another token this time for a complimentary lunch! This beats sitting and waiting in the airport!

At 6pm after a much needed rest we were picked up and shuttled back to the airport.

Again the flight went without a hitch (unless you count the annoying broken chair in front of Kerry that kept falling back on her and the broken TV that cut off half way through Rob watching a film).

We landed back in the UK at 7.30am and were out through customs at 7.45am - a quick call home to say we had landed and we were on our way again!

This time we were headed for London Underground in the middle of rush hour!

We got a seat and then got blocked in so decided to stay on the underground until St Pancras when it would be quieter - this seemed like a good idea at the time.

owever, we were unable to catch a train to Lancaster, so had to literally run back to Euston Station as we had bought tickets for the 9.30am train at 9am!!!!

Phew! We made it. Rather tired and run down at the sheer end of our journey we kept ourselves to ourselves until our tummies started to rumble a quick butty (paid for in pounds and pence) soon sorted us out.

We cannot believe our time away has come to such an abrupt end. We can both honestly say that we had an amazing time, gained amazing life experience and do not regret a single thing - given half the chance we would do it all over again

G'DAY



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb