The Annie White Experience


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
March 16th 2006
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Makes our pigeons look smallMakes our pigeons look smallMakes our pigeons look small

They almost get on the table with you
I was wrong, they didn't advertise it but this hotel has great, free, wifi, so blogging continues.
It took a while, but finally found out why Adelaide didn’t work for us. While at an internet cafe in Adelaide (doing the last blog entry), I went outside to have a much needed cigarette break. Then the most astonishing thing happened, I was approached by a young(ish), fit(ish) woman who engaged me in flirtatious conversation. Well, I assumed it was, I’m not much used to that sort of thing, but what gave the game away was the loss of interest that happened immediately after mentioning my wife sitting in the cafe. But before the loss of interest some of the conversation had been about the strange feeling that Barb and I had felt since arriving in Adelaide. She pointed out to me that Adelaide is known as the ‘City of Churches’. Apparently there are 700 of them. Why didn’t anybody tell us before we went there? No wonder we felt odd, we’re just not used to that level of religiosity. Never mind, it’s the only place we’ve been to so far that we won’t think of going back to.
Now we’re in Brisbane,
Nice sculptureNice sculptureNice sculpture

These pop up everywhere
and it’a a whole different city, alive, vibrant, even a little bohemian. The shops and all still close at 5.30 on the dot, but at least here it feels like people are rushing home so they can go out again, not settle in for a nice cup of Horlicks.
Within an hour or so of arriving in the city we’d met up with Annie White, who’s appearing in the NT production of ‘An Inspector Calls’. Lunchtime drinks, Annie off to a dress rehearsal, we wandered round town having a nice old time, back to the hotel room, demolish a nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, out for half an Indian meal ( only part of the order was filled, but it was satisfyingly enough anyway), then meet up with the AW after rehearsal, so obviously more drinking to be done. Result? A decent size hangover today, we’re off to the opening night tonight, with the promise of an after-show. So it may be a repeat performance.

Hi Darlings, Brizzy is a breath of fresh air after Adelaide, more oomph!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Brissy by nightBrissy by night
Brissy by night

Taken from where we had our half meal, service was 'work in progress'


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb