A Post from My Mother


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
September 25th 2009
Published: September 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Following is a post from my mother:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been amazing seeing Jeff and all the places he has told us about. He’s a great Australian guide. We toured his school, the University of New South Wales, and met some of his new friends. One is nicer than the next. Coogee, where Jeff lives is so much like La Jolla. He is one block from the beach! We have seen the Taronga zoo, the Sydney Aquarium and experienced a sandstorm—something no one here has ever experienced in their lifetime. The sky was red and was a bit eerie, like Armaggedon. Extremely strong winds brought the red sand from the Outback into Sydney and the airport was closed and the ferries stopped running. Hundreds of people were taken to the hospital for breathing problems, we are all fine .

Today we are in Brisbane and Angela, Jeff & Jennifer all held a Koala!!!! It was very cool indeed. We went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and were able to pet kangaroos, and see koalas of all sizes. They have over 130 koalas there. It was awesome to see the kangaroos hopping about .

We are staying at a casino and trying to understand Blackjack is very interesting. When I placed my bet in the circle, a number of other players also bet in my circle. When I won, we all won. Very different. Also, all the “pokies”-slot machines are video. Jenn is not liking that fact.

After one more day in Brisbane it’s back to Sydney to spend our last two days in a serviced apartment just down the street from Jeff’s apartment. Then we leave on the 29th at 2pm and arrive at O’Hare at 6:30pm. It is actually only 12 hours from Sydney to LA, and then 4 hours LA to Chicago. Trip home will be shorter, yeah!!! We get the benefit of some kind of winds.

Talk to you all when we get home!!

Love,

Angela



Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb