Brisbane in the brain


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
July 6th 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SailboatSailboatSailboat

On the Boat!
6/7/09

Back in Brisbane after our adventure along the coast. We drove from Gladstone to Airlie Beach back down to Hervey Bay and now back to Brisbane this morning. A lot of driving, but worth it as we are seeing some great places! At Airlie Beach we went out on a sail boat daytrip that took us to Luncheon Bay where we snorkeled at the Great Barrier Reef. It was really spectacular. Arlie Beach was a great vacation town and we have seen amazing sunsets. At Hervey Bay we rode a ferry out to Frasier Island and took a tour on a 4WD bus that drove us through rainforest, out to a beach which doubles as a highway with 4WD driving 80km on the sand, and then back through the rain forest to fresh water lakes that are inland. Notable sights include a dingo, the frame of a boat that shipwrecked 50 years ago, and sand that is so fine that you can use it to polish jewerly and scratched glass watches.

A few low lights to balance out the highpoints: 1) when Megan got Vanilla Ice in her head and sang Ice Ice Baby all morning, 2) buying
SnorkelingSnorkelingSnorkeling

Where we snorkeled.
Vegemite rolls instead of the cinnamon rolls we thought we were buying (instead of sweet cinnamon, vegemite is like salty tar), and 3) dinner at a sailing club that resembled a high school reunion from 1963, with a band.

We miss everyone! Off to Sydney tomorrow.

Advertisement



6th July 2009

Brisbane
Sounds like a wonderful trip! Great pictures...keep them coming.
6th July 2009

What's wrong with 1963 high school reunions???
8th July 2009

The language barrier
Isn't it fun on vacation when you get to be exposed to a new language? Hope you are adjusting well.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb