Goldcoast Hinterland & Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 1st 2007
Published: May 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Evening all,

Hope you're all well in good old blighty. Thought I'd give you another installment of my goings on down under. At the moment we seem to be in the grip of a bank holiday epidemic, after the long weekend of easter there seems to be a bank holiday almost every week. I'm currently looking forward to labour day which is next monday. That weekend will include a trip to see the black keys! and no doubt some alcoholic fun. Also I'm hoping to be introduced to the Surfer's Paradise institution know only as fish-o's. Should be fun.

Thoughts at the moment:

The Decemberists album is pretty cool in a prog-indie sort of way. As is the new Black Rebel Motorcycle Club album but not in a prog-indie way at all. Go and buy them.

Shops don't open on bank holidays here and they are only open for a few hours on a sunday, its like going back in time. Although pretty annoying when you want some food at 2pm on a Sunday. I think this is because everyone goes on all dayers on Sundays. I've long been a supporter of booze on a Sunday
The hillsThe hillsThe hills

View to the east towards surfers paradise
and fully plan to tap into this market.

Big Brother has started here-arghhh!


Anyway, went on a mission with the good Doctor Pearson the other week. He took on a romantic drive through the Goldcoast Hinterland which is basically some big hills set in-land from the coast. Although it does give rise to some nice views of Surfers Paradise and the ocean. Almost managed to run over a kangaroo or wallaby or something of that ilk.

Onwards, we went deeper into the Hinterland and out into the middle of nowhere to eventually end up at one of his workmates' gaff and then we proceeded to play silly drinking games around the bonfire well into the night (the last I remember is stumbling around trying to get a phone reception to find out the Arsenal-Spurs score). Incidently, snags were had but there wasn't a shrimp in sight.

Took several trips to the bush in shorts and barefoot to take a piss and didn't get bitten by a snake or spider once-winner!

Happy St Totteringham's day!

We then spent the next day mooching around the North New South Wales coast, which included such sights as.....the
Was that rain?Was that rain?Was that rain?

Dave just before he announced everything was bullshit and falling off his log.
local park drunks and a grown man wearing a mini-skirt! As well as the usual beeches and hills etc.

ANZAC day came and so did another bank holiday (the Oz rememberence day), took a trip up to Noosa and stopped for a walk up Mount Beerburrum for some nice views towards the ocean (there's a pattern developing here). Arrived in Noosa which is a little town on the coast about two hours north of Brisbane. Nice beech etc etc. Proceeded to try and drown myself with the aid of an 8 foot long surf board.

Last weekend I did manage an hour of nearly-kite-surfing. Managed to get the kite airborne and dragged face first through some muddy water before the wind dropped just in-time to prevent me from getting onto a board. Better luck next time! Sadly I have no photographic evidence of this.

Hope you're all still awake, I'll try and do something interesting and get back you!


Ta Det Lugnt




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Me, myself and a crap load of beer...burrum, ahemMe, myself and a crap load of beer...burrum, ahem
Me, myself and a crap load of beer...burrum, ahem

Quite difficult to take a pic of yourself and a view on your own!


16th May 2007

Corks
Where are the corks on your hat? You will stand out a mile as a Pom like that lad!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb