Stars of tv!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another early morning wake up call and we're on another greyhound on our way to Brisbane, on route we drop Neil off at Noosa and bid him farewell - again!

So Brisbane - lovely city, little bit glam and upmarket - certainly not what we've been used to the last couple of weeks! We get settled in and have a little look round the cuty, making sure to avoid the YSL and Louis Vutton shops!! Unfortunately we didn't make it to Brisbane for the weekend so most of the clubs aren't open - but us being us we make our own party and yes the goon rears its ugly head once more!!!
Now we head out and have ourselves a $6 meal - bargain! We stay on for some live music and watch the beer drinking games, we're ladies we don't join in!! All is going well until theres a strange smell lingering in the air. Well actually theres only a strange smell everytime a certain guy walks past! We then realise that this guy has been walking past everyone, letting rip and then quickly disappearing - don't worry we track him down and give him what for!!
After a rather smelly evening we leave the bar and get outside and its absoutley peeing it down with rain, so we dash into a 7/11 (yes they've re-appeared in oz!) get ourselves 2 plastic carrier bags and hey presto we have an instant hair net - and my o my do we look trendy! Anyhow we're running down the street - hair nets on - back to our hostel, when suddenly this guy with a massive tv camera starts filming us! When we get level with him we enquire as to his camera, basically he's from Channel 9 news - the local station - beacuse Brisbane has been having a serious drought recently the heavy rainfall is something of a special news story and because we look so trendy he thought we should be in on the action as well!!! Mwhahaha and so it was we were the stars on the following evenings 6 oçlock news - i knew i was always destined to be a star!!!

Crikey, what a beaut


Of course a stop to Australia would not be a stop to Australia if we didn't visit Australia zoo, home to the late Steve Irwin Crocodile Hunter!! We booked ourselves on a trip and arrived there in style by the Croc Express driven by our driver Blue! First off we had a bit of a tour of the Glass Mountains and then we reached our destination 'Áustralia Zoo'. With our 'Çrocs Rule' badges safely pinned on we were ready for the off. 'Went past a few koalas - they're like Sloths all tehy do is sleep! Went past a few alligators and crocs and headed for the Crocoseum to see the famous crocodile show! Before going in though i just had to, just had to get my pic taken with a koala - last time i was in oz i was distraught that they wouldn't let me hold a koala because i was too small, so i wasn't letting anything stop me this time! And so it was i became accquainted with Andy, the lucky koala who got to be in my lovely arms - i tell you he was so comfy he didn't want to be taken away, digging his claws n and everything! Finally he was pulled off and it was off to watch the crocs! So the ccoc show wasn't as good as we'd hoped but then the handlers were no Steve Irwin, so we went off and fed the kangaroo's. Then we went and watched the tiger show, saw more elephants, randomly saw a wombat being walked on a lead! One of the only things i wanted to see but didn't get to see was a platypus - you know that famous Aussie animal - well Australia zoo does not have a platypus exhibit - how rubbish is that! So on we went and saw the massive turtles - we even witnessed a turtle race unfortunately we didn't have time to watch the finish hours later!!! Saw some kookaburas and tasmanian devils and yes we finally got to see a cassowary!!!
After a day filled with animal magic it was back on the croc express and back to our hostel, time to hit the sack ready for our next greyhound bus!

Advertisement



1st May 2007

TV and Zoo
Well at last you have made it onto TV, now when you get to Mel. try and get a walk on part in you know what. The Zoo sounds good, didn't see any relatives behind bars then ??
2nd May 2007

Crocs
This blog sounds very thrilling/exciting with a number of various events going on--keep on packing
3rd May 2007

Plastic bags
Just goes to show where ever you are in the world there is still a good use for the old plastic bag, "What about the enviroment " i hear you cry, well needs must and it appears the bags did give you maybe 5 mins of fame on TV.
7th May 2007

tv fame
I knew you would make it into the big time one day but not by wearing a plastic bag on your head - almost as bad as a rain hat. I hope the viewers do not think your attire was indicative of what the cool english woman is wearing. Better luck next time. Could be a new programme in the making - "Carry on Betty". Love MN2

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb