Sunny Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
April 17th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Brisbane was fairly uneventful to tell the truth and I suppose that was party in our own doing as we didn't really go out much in the evenings to get a true feel for it. However, we arrived on a Tuesday and left on a Thursday, so in fairness there wasn't much in the evening to go out for anyway!

My first impression after being there for an hour or so, was that I liked the place. We found our hostel, which was not far from the city centre. As we had arrived two days earlier than planned, we still had the hire car which was a bit of a pain. We ended up abandoning it about 5 or 6 blocks away so as not to occur ridiculous fees just to park it.

We wandered round the city on the first day. Took a drive out to some nearby sights on the second, purely for the fact that we still had the car and thought we had better make some use of it. And the third and final day was spent wandering round the city, again, checking out the man made beach area called South Banks. Without trying to
The Story Bridge The Story Bridge The Story Bridge

Not quite the Harbour bridge, but still an impressive landmark all the same.
sound too negative, it was rather uneventful. Now that's not to say I didn't like the place because maybe we didn't give it a chance and never saw it on a weekend, but it just didn't seem to have the same lively vibe that both Melbourne and Sydney have. On the plus side the weather is hot there and the sun always seems to shine. Well at least it did when we were there.

On our fourth morning, we got up early to catch a train in pursuit of our campervan, and the journey North.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Views of the City from the CatViews of the City from the Cat
Views of the City from the Cat

Catamarans run quickly (and I mean quickly!)along the river as part of the city's commuter travel service.
The City Cat The City Cat
The City Cat

One of the more enjoyable forms of public transport
South Bank BeachSouth Bank Beach
South Bank Beach

South bank is a man made beachg area, just over the river, build for people to swim safely and chill out in the sun.


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb