Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
September 28th 2004
Published: September 28th 2004
Edit Blog Post

This is where we stayed last nightThis is where we stayed last nightThis is where we stayed last night

you might be able to see the sign...it's slightly obscured by a tree on the right:)
We are now safely in Brisbane and can't believe that we will be heading out to Thailand in a few days.

We visited city hall with a couple of interesting exhibits: one of Queensland landscaping and development, and a funny one with political cartoons from an Australian political cartoonist (not surprisingly, the US was skewered a few times). We also visited the science museum where we learned more about the aboriginal people, saw lots of dinosaur fossils, and cool Australian animal facts. (Did you know that turtles don't start laying their eggs until their mid thirties and forties?!)

Shortly, we will be heading to an art gallery and spend some time walking around. oh yah...We spent some time in the Botanical Gardens to just enjoy the sun and read a little (Matt just started a book that's the size of a dictionary)(fortunately it automatically means that he is carrying the daypack whenever we want to bring our books along for the day😊 ). He read a big chunk of it while I went to a community yoga class last night. It was sooo pleasant!!

Other than that, there is not much else. The weather has been "fine" (which is Australian for AWESOME and SUNNY WEATHER)

oh yah--i wanted to mention... one guy that has been coming up on the radio is a guy that I heard in a store in P-town a few months before my trip. I bought his CD but hardly ever heard his music in the states and now I hear him ALL the time! Michael Buble is his name and he sounds almost exactly like Frank Sinatra and I think he's awesome! He even has a rumba song which is sooo cool, because it's like Sinatra singing latin!!! wow!! (this is obviously Patsy's day to write in the blog)

anywho, have a GREAT week ALL!! Next time we write, we'll have a plate of pad thai in our hand.
patsy & matt

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb