My report about Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 21st 2019
Published: May 21st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Brisbane riverBrisbane riverBrisbane river

The government building is on the left side.
This is a report about Brisbane which I wrote when learning English at TAFE and I would like to share with you. I have learned different types of writing, such as report, narrative, exposition, biography, discussion essay, cause and effect essay, and persuasive essay (or argumentative essay). Learning academic writing was a great experience which I have really enjoyed. I hope to become an English teacher in the future, and one of my plans is to teach English at an orphanage in Vietnam.


BRISBANE



This report is written about Brisbane for the purpose of providing brief information about the city, as well as assisting first time visitors in discovering its attractions. General information about the city’s geographical location and population, in addition to guidance about major tourist sites, will also be mentioned in this report.

Geographical location

Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland and is the third biggest city in Australia. The city is located in South East Queensland and borders three other cities (Ipswich, Logan and Redland) and four regions (Lockyer Valley, Moreton Bay, Scenic Rim and Somerset). Some famous tourist destinations are not too far away from the city and tourists can travel
A man performed a magic on Queen street, Brisbane CBDA man performed a magic on Queen street, Brisbane CBDA man performed a magic on Queen street, Brisbane CBD

This man could sit above the ground while holding a stick. He earned some money from visitors and tourists.
on a day trip, for example, to the Sunshine Coast (104km to the North), to the Gold Coast (78km to the South) or to Moreton Bay (36km to the East). Furthermore, the city is divided in two by the Brisbane River. For this reason, the suburbs spread out over a large area.

Population

Brisbane is a melting pot of ethnicities. The city’s population is around 2.3 million people with seventy percent of the citizens born outside Australia. Because of its multicultural diversity, multiple languages are spoken and extraordinary festivals take place throughout the year.

Attractions

The city offers a wide range of activities and places to visit in accordance with visitors’ interests and budgets. The bus and train systems are very effective so, as a result, visitors can move around conveniently.

The two major attractions of the city are the Brisbane River and Mt Coot-tha. They are the must-sees for any visitor. Most of the city’s cultural activities take place at South Bank by the Brisbane River, notably the fireworks on the New Year’s Eve and other special events. There are a lot of things to do in the Southbank Parklands area, such as
Christmas celebrationChristmas celebrationChristmas celebration

Queen street, CBD (Brisbane centre)
travelling by CityCat along the river, discovering the gardens and art galleries, taking a ride on the Wheel of Brisbane or swimming at the artificial beach. As for Mt Coot-tha, the lookout is a famous scenic spot where visitors can enjoy a spectacular view of the city.

One of the city’s symbols is the Story Bridge which is over 100 years old. To learn more about the city’s history, there are historical sites such as the City Hall, the Powerhouse Museum, the Queensland Museum, the Brisbane River Museum and the Queensland Maritime Museum.

For people who love nature, the city includes various incredible parks and gardens, for example, the Botanic gardens, Roma Street Parklands and Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. The city is within two hours drive of both magnificent beaches and mountain rainforests on the Sunshine Coast (for example, the Glasshouse Mountains) and on the Gold Coast (for example, Surfers Paradise and Mt Tamborine).

Brisbane is not only rich in cultural life with many art galleries and public events, but also provides hundreds of cafés and restaurants, serving both local and international food.

Summary

To sum up, Brisbane is a fascinating place to visit as it has many great things to offer. With a nearly 200-year-old European history, the city is proudly a home to many migrants who have contributed to building it up into its current exciting state. Finally, it is hoped that this report, as a basic guide, will help visitors learn more about the city, discover places with pleasure and enjoy a good time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

The City Hall before ChristmasThe City Hall before Christmas
The City Hall before Christmas

Lighting show at night
The City Hall at Brisbane CBDThe City Hall at Brisbane CBD
The City Hall at Brisbane CBD

This is the place where citizenship ceremonies and other important events of the city are organised.


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb