Choose your own adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Fortitude Valley
March 9th 2006
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello kiddies

there was once a mousy brown, no blonde, no, platinum, no, pink, no, red, no blonde, no brunette, no mousy brown haired girl named Kate. When she was a little girl she dreamed of growing up and one day being a judge. Most of her teachers thought she was a little strange because of this and kept her on "special needs" watch. She grew up and studied law and then became a real grown up lawyer. and she got to wear suits. and this made her happy. and she had a red sports car that had no roof. and this also made her happy.

And for many years she lived happily in Lawyer Land and had lots of really exciting clients who did lots of really interesting things. And she produced lots of very important pieces of paper and this made her clients happy. and because her clients were happy, Kate was happy. until she had to send bills. this didn't make her happy.

But one day in Lawyer Land Kate began to wonder "Is there more?". In some countries and some philosophical movements this would be called an "EXISTENTIAL CRISIS".

And one day she woke up and she thought "I want an adventure." and she spoke to her Bosses in Lawyer Land and they said "An Adventure? We too have always dreamed of an Adventure. But alas we can not because we are boring normal lawyers, not adventurous and exciting lawyers, not like you."

And then she had dreams of sand and oil and she thought "DUBAI!". And so her adventure began...

***********************************************************

Well most of you know I have been contemplating the big move for a little while now, but things have accelerated pretty quickly: I finish my current position tomorrow and I am flying out of Australia on Sunday.

In theory I will only be away for a few weeks as I am doing interviews in Dubai and London. The plan at the moment is to come home after the interviews, pack and move. although there is a chance I might just stay O/S if the right position turns up. I'll let the universe decide.

For those of you in Brisbane, I am having some drinks on Friday night to celebrate with a mix of work mates and friends, maybe with dinner later: 6pm onwards at the Press Club.

For those of you in London - look out: I need a corner of carpet to sleep on!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb