Brisbane to Hervey Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Fortitude Valley
April 13th 2009
Published: April 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 28th March

Woke up this morning on my last day in Fremantle and had breakfast with friends before heading to the airport to catch my flight to Brisbane to meet Pippa! My flight was delayed and poor Pippa must have thought i'd forgotten about her as she has to wait for nearly an hour before i came to rescue her from International arrivals! It was so so good to see a familiar and friendly face and we were very excited at the thought of the next 3 weeks adventures. After a long hug, we caught a taxi to our hostel in the Fortitude Valley in the centre of Brisbane. Trying not to wake up our 8 room mates it wasn't long before our heads hit the pillow after a long day of travelling.


Sunday 29th March

Today was Pippa's first full day in Australia and as we were only going to be in Brisbane for one day we decided to head to Australia Zoo! We caught a train from Brisbane and hoped that the rain clouds would pass (Pippa brought the English weather with her...). First up were the crocodiles of course followed by...a coffee in the sheltered cafe as the heavens had opened! As it looked like it wasn't going to pass we bought a couple of ponchos and headed over to the kangaroos. We bought some kangaroo feed and spent ages walking around feeding them, Pippa had great fun seeing her first kangaroos. We also saw the koalas, elephants, echidnas, alligators and the tigers but the main highlight was the crocodile feed. You can just imagine Steve Irwin being there, what a legacy he has left behind. He is mentioned in every other sentence and the zookeepers know they were trained by the best.

We headed out into Brisbane in the evening to try and find something to eat and we walked for what seemed like hours before we stumbled across something...a traditional english pub...! Back to our hostel for a couple of drinks in the bar and to prepare for the start of our journey up the East coast to Cairns.


Monday 30th March

This morning marked the first of our Greyhound bus journeys. We thought that we were headed for Noosa but unfortunately we weren't advised to book our journeys in advance. To cut a long story short, we had to miss our overnight stop in Noosa so that we would make it to Hervey Bay in time for our Fraser Island trip. On arriving in Hervey Bay we had a BBQ dinner and a drink in the bar before crashing in our room...but not before removing the cockroach from the bathroom...

Lots of Love from Brisbane, QLD

Danielle xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb