G'day sport!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Fortitude Valley
November 10th 2006
Published: November 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

YAY! I've finally managed to wrestle the keyboard away from Jonny and i get to write a blog entry for only the second time so far on our trip!!!!!!!! (Ooops, he's now sulking cos i make him sound like a blog-hog!)

Well it's been a while since the last entry so i'll try to give a brief update......

Firstly Jonny dragged me kicking and screaming off of Ko Phi Phi, where i think i found my idea of paradise and if anyone is able to suggest me a new career that enables me to live there forever (and spend my days lazing in the sun) i'd appreciate it!

Anyway, after Ko Phi Phi we hot-footed it down to Kuala Lumpur where we spent a few days sightseeing. Went up the KL tower which was quite spectacular with the panoramic views it gave of the city. Even better than the views was the jungle trail that led to the base of the tower - we got to use the exercise circuit, think it was aimed at more serious athletes than us but we had great fun playing on the apparatus. Thought it wouldn't matter that i was in a skirt until we got to the top of the tower and realised that there were binoculars and a clear view of the circuit! Ooops!

Also went to a bird park - sounds quite dull but was actually really interesting as that birds were all free roaming. Ok, i realise that this still doesn't make it sound like a good day out for your average twenty-something couple but honestly it was. Also i discovered that Jonny has actually got a fear of large birds (add your own jokes please) and walking through groups of storks meant i had to hold his hand and promise that i wouldn't let the big birds get him (rather like most of the nights that i've had in Easterns and Kings!).

After KL we went on to Singapore, which was a fab city if you want to shop (i have never seen so many shopping malls in all my life) but not if you wanted to do anything else!

Having said that we did have a fab day out at the zoo (Yes, i am aware that we should probably get a life, or some small children!), but the zoo was fab - lots of monkeys swinging throuigh the trees above our heads. Also went to the night safari in the evening, which is basically a night zoo where you can see all the nocturnal animals - great fun, but slightly eery walking through jungle at night- knowing that you're in the natural habitat of tigers and other things that bite!

Finally we flew into Brisbane, where we both instantly loved it. So much to see and do, although in the four days that we've been here we have actually done sweet FA.

Anyway that's about it for now, until next time..............

Advertisement



10th November 2006

Bug bIrds...
Whoa there Jilly!! Steady on with the Easterns comments, it is about to open following a recent refurb, it is now catering for the more sophisticated clientele of Sudbury. It'll go out of business in a month!! Didn't realise Jonny was afraid of big birds, Massive Matty was usually th eone having troubles with Big Birds!!! Enjoy Oz mate, England for the Ashes!! p.s. Newsagent at the Topshops got held up by armed robbers a few weeks back - Cornard City life my friend. It's all waiting for you!!! Stupot out....
10th November 2006

Jill I can't stop looking at that photo of you with the eye, you look like a convict! Have an amazing time in Oz, loving reading your updates xx
10th November 2006

Gary is Green
GREEN WITH ENVY...HAVE A VICTORIA BITTER FOR HIM PLEASE... OR MORE!
11th November 2006

dripping with envy
I've just looked through all your photo's (just discovered most of them!!!). Jill, a few days covered from head to foot wouldn't go amiss!! But, for heaven's sake, don't convert for good. Good tattoo Bob, but couldn't you just have brought a little gecko home with you?I'm still nurturing the yukka, so it would have a decent home. Also, the two aloe vera are flourishing, though a tad small compared to the ones I saw in Croatia. Oh, Croatia was so truly gorgeous. Work just doesn't have the same ring. In a fraction under 2 weeks I'll be off with Laura to South Beach, Florida, so possibly slightly less green than I otherwise would have been.

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb