6 Days to go - The garage sale!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Aspley
July 6th 2008
Published: July 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was a lovely Saturday morning and we have planned the garage sale for weeks. This was it! The time to shed all of the stuff which was hanging around which you can't really put on E-bay and sell quick enough, although we would have received a better price through E-bay, I'll bet. However we needed to off load some stuff quick so it was time to do it! The ad was placed for the sale to be from 7am-12 noon. Not complicated, we thought, but we had been warned! THEY WOULD COME! Who are they? They are the people with no sense of time, Day, morning, a little after the listings get out at 2am, it doesn't matter. We had set our alarm for 5:30am so we could get up have a leisurely breakfast, tie up some loose ends and finish pricing the stuff. The alarm woke us, I rose slightly drowsy, adorned in my finest red underwear, as I peered through the window overlooking the front gate, THEY WERE THERE already!

I roused the troops from their slumber and after a brief discussion, some fast tea making and a wander down to the main road to hang some signs we opened the doors. Well I don't know what time the first one of them arrived because i was afraid to ask in case he had been there since 4 or 5 am watching the house!? The best way to describe the next 6 hours is like.................a frenzy of already fully fed sharks finding a glut of seal to feed off - you know they can't really eat any more but just poke and prod everything they see waiting to fill a gap which may appear in their stomachs. The day wore on somewhat and by the time 12 noon arrived and only one decent coffee was consumed it was decided to roll down the doors remove the signs and GO FOR SOME FOOD! We were starving. People were still knocking on our door at 4pm asking "I saw a book I should have purchased this morning may i see if it still here?". After this we tallied our coin and concluded it was a success. (successful in moving stuff worth $10 for $0.50 cents) we could not take it with us and storing it was stupid not to mention hellishly expensive. This day concluded with a taxi ride to the cinema and some sweets for reward.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb