OUTBACK HOLIDAYS


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Blackall
August 30th 2008
Published: August 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We started our journey from Mansfield on 23/08/08 to Shepparton to meet up with Michael, my stepson, My children Martin and Elaine and Elaine's boyfriend Brad. We were held up because Michael's car broke down. Headed at 1pm and stop at 4.30pm at Nyal State Forest and camp the night along the Murray River. The TV reception was good we watched the Collingwood v Sydney footy game and of course Collingwood won by 24points.
Next stop Broken Hill and stop for Internet for Michael. On the 25th Aug we camped at Cameron's Corner. This is border of NSW, SA and Qld. Campsite unpowered was for $5.00 and donated to Flying Doctor and shower was $3.00 per person. It was bit cold and we had bon fire and have a lovely time. Here we tried Papa's portable spit and we had a roast beef on the spit. Yummmmmm and potatoes wrap in foil and chucked into the hot coal.
26/08/08 Left at 8.30am and turn right to Bore Track which t00k us to Strzelecki Desert on smooth, soft sandy tracks. Few gates to open, and the boys enjoyed a bit of 4 wd up and down red sandy hills.
Camped at 4.30pm just outside the Innaminka National Park. Played i spy with my little eye. Michael and Elaine were very good they always get the anwers right first.

Left 27/08/08 after breakfast of eggs and bacon. Eggs were cooked in the jaffle iron. Just after 1 hour Michael's car stopped again and we had to stop. Papa and Martin fixed the car after 1hr and half.

Got to Birdsville by 3pm and camped along the river. The site was full of Burrs which Michael hated with a passion.
Birdsville is a very small town not much available in the shop. Good facilities in Shell station, ladies and gents with running water and also shower available for $3/pp.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb