Crocs Rule


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Australia Zoo
July 27th 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

well, our campervan rocks! Picked it up in Cairns last Tuesday, its compact but its home.
Anyway spent a few days up in Cairns checked out the city, went snorkelling and scuba diving in the Great Barrier reef which was absolutely amazing- the fish and coral were so colourful, we saw a giant sea turtle and Liz got to see nemo! We did try and take photos but the disposable waterproof camera we took diving filled up with water!

We then went down the coast to Airlie Beach which looks over the Whitsundays and stopped off at Hervey Bay/ Fraser Island on our way to see Neil and Co in Brisbane who gave us a warm welcome and took us to an Ausie Rules match at the Gabba on our first night- hospitality was great with a constant supply of beer and rum and champagne was the same price as wine!

Brisbane is a lovely city, spent some time wandering the city and its parks before heading up to see Steve Irwin and his crocs. By chance Steve was doing the Croc shows the day we went which was great. Liz got to cuddle her Koala as well as petting dingo's and feeding Skippy!! We spent the next day out at sea on Neil's boat- Very relaxing. Also did a spot of fishing and some dolphin watching which was awesome.

Spent alot of time in Tina's greek bakery sampling the vast selection and with a large doggie bag for when we got back to the van!

Then we moved down to Nerang to stay with Garry's daughter and son-in-law for the night and had a good bbq. She works for Billabong and told us about it's outlet store near Surfers Paridise and gave us a 30% discount card so we got lots of bargains!

In Surfers now and spending a few nights here soaking up the rays before moving down to Byron Bay to do something similar!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



27th July 2006

hey dudes
Hey mike, Looks like you're having an awesome time, v.jealous!! When is it that you are back?? Was back home last weekend, good to see family and stuff... Catch you soon, Fraser
27th July 2006

Hey it looks like you 's are havin an amazin time. I'm so jealous i'm already home from my holiday, i loved it, Asia'a great! Much cheap shopping!
27th July 2006

Australia rules!
Wow the pics are amazing. What great experience you are both having and will remember this your whole lives. Can't wait to see ya in Sept. Love, Jen, Scott and Brodes
27th July 2006

looks like you two are having a great time see you both in september xxx
6th August 2006

g'day
looks like u guys are havin a bonza time!! we really loved surfers it was class and byron bay too!! maybe well see u in sydney tomo nite we were going to meet up wit karen and apaul and karen!!

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb