Aussie Mate!


Advertisement
Published: April 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Helloooo!!!
Seems so long since i've written one of these.
Anyway lots to say... got to Cairns (actually pronounced 'cans; would you beileve) on sat after very long journey on a decidedly rubbish plane - compared to what we're used to! We ended up sleeping most of the day then heading into Cairns centre where they have an esplanade with a massive lagoon which is free to swim in and you can do BBQs there too.
we spent first two days lounging around there then on the third day Ant did not one but TWO bungy jumps. its with a company called AJ Hackett who own most of the biggest bungies in the world. this one was 50m just outside of Cairns. i took pictures and craned my neck all day. He then decided to do another one as the first one was so good but this time... backwards! he says its the most scariest thing ever doing it backwards.
So th next day we decided we wanted to get out an about so headed for the Atherton Tablelands just west of Cairns.
we had to go on a tour whcih was the only way of getting about unless you have a car but it turned out to be fantastic. we saw Millaa Millaa and Dinner falls, Lake Barrrine and Eacham a Huge tree which has its roots like 40m above the ground. (too long to explain why) we did lots and lots of swimming and our guide was superb he was so knowledgable. came back to a hostel where we stayed (the rest of the tour went back to Cairns) we went to spot some platypi, but they didnt want to play but speant the evening in a very nice bed. Today we went for a 15km bike ride and went in another fall - Vision. we actually managed to get behind it into a cove. Was so amazing. again our guide was Fab, only 4 in our group. then we went for a canoe in a beautiful lake - Tinaroo. went for 3 hrs saw loads of wildlife. we just missed seeing a highly venomous snake too today.
so all in all it sucks to go back to Cairns. its really nice to just be out here in the rainforest and quiet but we left out big bags in the city.
we have actually decided to cut our stay in Aus as we can't really afford to saty for as long here as it is so expensive to we may do a conservation project somewhere probably in central America - possibly Honduras or Guatemala. also so we can dive more too! obviouosly.
Sorry to chock you all with the change of plans but we havnt actually enjoyed the country as much as we would have liked. we will run out money so much sooner than plkanned if we stay. looks like getting a job will be pretty difficult.
we will let you know firm plans when we know. staying here for a least a month so no rush.
hope alll is ok back home. we love and miss you all.
serioulsy wish you could have seen what we have today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb