The journey begins - Yungaburra and Blush Tree Cottage


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The journey begins with a little background. Splitting our time between Cairns and Yungaburra. What can I say about Yungaburra......It is a beautiful little town at the top of the Atherton Tablelands, absolutely steeped in history. I read that it holds the title of 'Most Heritage Listed Buildings in Queensland.' Timber was it's original purpose. Now, its a stop over for anyone wishing to relive the yesteryear and enjoy the serenity - 'Ah, the serenity!'. We'd visited a number of times, always camping around the traps, but after many return journies, decided to invest in the place. We bought a piece of Yungaburra history, did it up, titled it 'Blush Tree Cottage'. We will live up there eventually, but for now, we invite others to stay there on holidays to share our experience. We visit Lake Tinaroo that many times, and always adore it. Similarly with Lake Barrine - the Devonshire Tea there is absolutely to die for. The amount of water-bird life in the area, for example the Sarus Cranes, Whistling Ducks, Great Crested Grebes, Ospreys etc. On the ground, the antics of the Red-backed Wren, King Parrot, a variety of kites and honeyeaters and Rufous Whistlers keep us enthralled. Twitchers haven. Platypus, and if you are lucky, Tree-kangaroos will grace your presence. However, as exciting as it may have been, the whole doing up process was draining, as is working full time.

So. We are now gearing up for holiday mode. Visas are approved, itinerary is set, accommodation booked. In two weeks, we are heading to Tokyo, Helsinki and St Petersburg. Never been to any of them. I've been searching the net for places to eat and shop in Tokyo, and there is already a huge list. Can't wait to see Gwen Stefanis Harajuka Girls!! Sure to be a blast. The trip will last three weeks, and we are all incredibly excited. Watch this space for updates, so here goes!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.3kb