Palm Valley


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was one of those WOW days, we headed off to Gosse Bluff (a meteor crater) and Palm Valley not having any idea what the day would bring. First adventure was a rather odd looking makeshift lookout otherwise known as a mound of dirt that we just had to drive to the top of. Why? Because it was there. Dannielle got scared and decided to walk down the otherside instead of drive. Second adventure was a wrong turn down a gas line track that went in the wrong direction but it took us 8 km to decide that it was not the road we should be on. So after turning around and finding the correct road into the Bluff we climbed to the top of the side of the crater for a view well worth getting lost.
Then it was off to Palm Valley and WOW what an adventure the road into the valley is not a road at all, it is a river bed obviously without water but complete with rocks sand and boulders so the girls got their first taste of real 4WDing. Once we arrived in the valley we walked the 2km walking track to the bottom and then up to the top for the best views of a place that is amazingly beautiful.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb