Mataranka


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Mataranka
July 14th 2011
Published: July 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another day in paradise. Having loved Mataranka Homestead so much we decided to stay another night. David tried to catch a barra but didn't have any success. We spent the morning walking around the camp and springs until it got too warm and we headed off to the thermal pool again.

After lunch David again headed off to try and catch a fish with the bloke from the next campsite, no luck again unfortunately, so back to the thermal pool for another swim.

We headed down to the bar early tonight to get front row seats for the entertainment. Pete and Kerrie are part of the band Rustflower and are playing here at the Mataranka Homestead during the holidays. We caught part of their show last night and wanted to see it all tonight. They also have their boys Jacob (13) and Jessie (9) play a set with them - they are very talented and we had a great night.

I have managed to take a couple of photos of the fresh water crocodiles that live in the Roper River near where the warm water from the spring enters the river. Lucky I have a good zoom lens, I wasn't getting too close.

Off to Katherine tomorrow !


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

croc croc
croc

this croc is warming himself in the stream of warm water from the spring that is running into the river


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb