Kulgera


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Kulgera
September 6th 2006
Published: September 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kulgera pubKulgera pubKulgera pub

Graeme waiting for the first pub in South Australia. Typical!!!
Day 157 Wednesday 06 September 2006
Kings Canyon to Kulgera (359 km)
We just drove today. Duane is kept busy doing his puzzle book that we bought him in Alice Springs as he is officially on holiday now as he has completed his Distance Education units. Kiera is continuing to draw her pretty pictures for her kinda book. We are staying in a roadhouse/come caravan park and we where the only ones here but others having started to roll up now. Duane is keen to play a game of billards later. Not much here except flys and very windy. Diesel is 1.72. Kiera and Duane are busy playing on the outback playground and they also went in the pool but absolutely freezing. We have gone back to jumpers and jeans tonight as it is cold. Graeme made the comment about a guy who rode his motorbike from the campground to the pub. It was only 500 metres away. I had to laugh as Graeme usually drives his car from home to the milk bar to get the newspaper. How times have changed???

Day 158 Thursday 07 September 2006
Kulgera to Coober Pedy (415 kms approx)
Another drive today. We left
Kulgera roadhouseKulgera roadhouseKulgera roadhouse

See what six months on the road does to you!!!
about 8am so we can get to Coober Pedy early but unfortunately I have tallied the kms incorrectly. I am out by 100 km’s so we won’t get there that early and we have had to buy more diesel at Marla. We drove over the border and are now in South Australia. The sun is shining but we still have our jeans on. I don’t think we will be out in our shorts again. There is a lot of nothing around except red dirt and a few bushies. We plan to stay at Coober Pedy for 3 nights so Graeme can do some opal fossicking. Duane has learnt to whistle and is driving us crazy in the car as he doesn’t realize he is doing it. We all yell at him “bite your tongue”. Graeme’s right hand is getting stronger and stronger as he has waved at least a million times on this trip. Every car/caravan that goes bye are still waving. We have travelled 26000 kms. Amazing - so much for Graeme’s estimation of 18000 kms.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb