Barkly Tablelands - Cape Crawford


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Borroloola
November 8th 2012
Published: November 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

SashaSashaSasha

Sasha beside an old steam engine at the Barkly Homestead
8th November 2012,

We were awoken by the sound of thunder, lightening and gale force winds at 4am at the Wunara campsite. Decided that we would get an early start and packed up straight away. Headed to the Barkly Homestead Roadhouse where we stopped for fuel and breakfast. The storm appeared to have passed without a single drop of rain (all talk and no action!!!). On the road again, we headed North towards Cape Crawford via the Tablelands Highway. This road was a single lane Highway full of cows and roadtrains. We stopped just before Crape Crawford for lunch and since it was still early and stinking hot, we decided to continue onto Borroloola and King Ash Bay. We arrived at Borrooloola without anything exciting to see. Unfortunately for us, King Ash bay was not that exciting either (King Ash Bay is a fishing villiage near the Gulf of Carpentaria (full of crocs) and we don't fish or have a boat!!!). We decided to head back towards Cape Crawford and spent night there. It stormed all night and it seems the wet season has arrived!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

AlyssaAlyssa
Alyssa

Alyssa beside an old steam engine
The Nicoll RigThe Nicoll Rig
The Nicoll Rig

The Nicoll Rig outside Barkly Homestead Roadhouse
The girlsThe girls
The girls

The Girls having an "ORANGE MOMENT"
King Ash BayKing Ash Bay
King Ash Bay

King Ash Bay, filled with fish and croc's (could not swim!!!)
King 'Ass' BayKing 'Ass' Bay
King 'Ass' Bay

We spotted a donkey on the way to King Ash Bay.


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb