Uluru


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Ayers Rock
August 26th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

UluruUluruUluru

Sunset on Thursday night
Yesterday was a very exciting day because we were heading to Uluru. On the way there we stopped at an Aboriginal art centre. Their artwork was really well done. The art was from a local Aboriginal community and the women came in to paint at the Roadhouse. All money went back ton the community. We bought sone presents. We had tried to visit an Aboriginal community a few days earlier to look at the art and crafts. You are allowed to go in without a permit but you can only visit the art centre and not their homes. There was a school and it had a big fence around it. The Aboriginal kids were playing. We were disappointed that the art centre was closed for lunch. We did not have time to wait the hour and half untilmlunch was finished. When we finally got to Uluru after a 3 hour drive we started setting up the camper trailer. Because we are staying for 4 nights we decided to set up the Annexe. The longest part was setting up the Annexe. Then once we were set up we went for a swim in the pool. It was so hot yesterday it was about 29 degrees. By the time we got out of the pool it was around 5:00. While Mum and Dad were making dinner Will and I went to the lookout of Uluru. Then Mum and Dad came up to the lookout to look at the sunset on the rock. The sunset was really nice the sky went from blue, to yellow, to pink then back to blue. Then we came back and had dinner.

Advertisement



31st August 2011

Hey cheesies,
How did you come up with that name, by the way? Isn't Uluru beautiful???? Are you going to King's Canyon and Standley Chasm? Enjoy your 4 day break and keep your eye on your mum around Barrow Creek...don't let her go off wondering!!!! Cheese! Gleesonsxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb