Tuesday the 28th


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Woy Woy
March 28th 2006
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday the 28th

Today we’re leaving the Blue Mountain area. It’s a very nice area, just getting a little chilly at night. We’re headed down to the coast to an area 100km north of Sydney called Woy Woy.

Our day starts with all of us going down the road to the duck pond to feed the ducks and geese some old bread we have, the ducks and geese here are different than the ones back home in Canada, I think they’re more laid back lol.

So we leave our campsite and get on the great western highway, back to Sydney. I think the great western highway goes all the way from Sydney to Perth, which 2000+ kms away. The drive is fairly uneventful, approximately 2 hours with Jason getting lost only a couple of times lol. We get into our campsite in Woy Woy at around 2pm, and head out to look around. Our site is about 200’ from the beach. There is fairly large surf here, with a few surfers. I think the surf is from a tropical depression that went buy a day or 2 ago. Anyhow, the kids are very excited about swimming in the ocean again. We hop back into the RV and head into town to buy some groceries, and update the blog. Internet service since leaving The Marriott has been sparse, and probably won’t be getting any better till we get to LA in late April. Ah well the price to pay lol. Anyhow we’re doing updates everyday on the laptop, and will upload a bunch when we get connected. We grab a bit of lunch in a town called Umina Beach (where the campsite is located.) Lunch here in OZ seems to be the same, burgers & fries, although we get 3 burgers with 1 medium fries and there’s probably enough fries to feed 10 people, as most of them went in the garbage. We head back to the site, and the kids and Jason go play in the surf for a while. After that I get a couple of loads of laundry done, and then we’re off to the local resort pool which has a hot tub and a waterslide. Tell ya the kids like this trip lol.

That’s all for now, tomorrow we’re headed up the coast a bit to a place called Seal Rocks, apparently this area is famous for a large amount of grey nurse reef sharks that live there. Should be interesting. Maybe we’ll get to see Kirk walk on water lol

More tomorrow

Lee




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Fast breakfastFast breakfast
Fast breakfast

just add water!


Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb