reptile park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Terrigal
November 27th 2007
Published: November 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sarah, luckily for us on a day off work, invited us to visit the reptile park nearby. There are all kinds of Australian animals and birds (and SPIDERS, Jane) as well as reptiles. The park acts as a venom collecting centre as well as educating people about the animals. Unfortunately it rained, but we enjoyed several hours there. By the way, the koalas were curled up in the branches; I thought they didn't like the weather, but Sarah reckons they're always like that, and are just lazy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

dare we go indare we go in
dare we go in

Sarah told us it was safe, so we did.
eat all your carrots!eat all your carrots!
eat all your carrots!

This is the Galapagos tortoise having lunch, mostly carrots and apple. Apparently they don't get so much on a cooler day.
Alex and the AlligatorAlex and the Alligator
Alex and the Alligator

What is the difference between a croc and an alligator? Prize for the first correct answer!
And the smile was on the croco's dial!And the smile was on the croco's dial!
And the smile was on the croco's dial!

And so to the reptiles (huge spiders next door!)
the bi-coloured python rock snake!the bi-coloured python rock snake!
the bi-coloured python rock snake!

was reflecting the blue of his box, on his wet scales. he was very friendly, but NO, we didn't drape him round ourselves!
Any chimneys to sweep?Any chimneys to sweep?
Any chimneys to sweep?

yes, it really does rain near Sydney! The Kangaroo by my right elbow had a baby one in her pouch. Aaahhh, sweet.
caught itcaught it
caught it

this one didn't get away!


27th November 2007

crocodile / aligator
I thought the difference was in the spelling - I don't think I would like to drape that snake around my neck. We watched a programme on tv last night were a man got bitten by a rare snake and he nearly bled to death - blood was coming out of his eyes, ears and nose!! The anti-venom saved his life.
27th November 2007

who are you
good point about the spelling

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb