Jackeroo School


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tamworth
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After i was all done in cairns i headed back down to sydney to catch a train to tamworth where i was doing a 5 day jackeroo course, basically it's a cowboy course. It was spent riding horses which i have never done before, and using the horses to gather in cattle, along with some whip cracking and lasooing. I also watched a sheep get slaughtered which was great fun, and then whilst the guy was taking out itgs innards we had a couple of vet students on the course and they were talking through the different parts. We across the womb and it turned out there was a little feotus in the embryotic sac whicvh was such a lucky thing to see. It was only the size of the tip of your finger and you could see its heart still beating. After all the excitement had died down over that i had the honour of chopping off the sheeps head with a meat cleaver and there is a great photo someone took of me doing it which i need to get them to email me. I think the most fun thing we did though was wrestling calfs, they were huge and one of us held its tail whilst the other grabbed its head. We had to take it down to the floor and then hold them down whilst they were castrated and branded, i was lucky enough to have a bit of scrotal blood get squirted right on to my lips....yummy! We had the best group, everyone got on so well and we were laughing the whole time, the staff where all a great laugh too and the week was topped off with a cracking night out in Tamworth with about 12 of us going out for a good piss up. After the course finished i realised i had NO money whatsoever so a job was needed, i have been working on a farm for the last 2 weeks washing bulls and indeed blow drying them which was an interesting experience. Driving 4x4 around the land which was awesome, branding sheep and drenching them (squirting stuff into their mouths to prevent worms). The hardest thing we had to do though was load bails of hay on to a truck, 400 the first time and 500 the next, using these big hooks reminiscent of 'i know what you did last summer' needless to say we were rather knackered by the end. Those two weeks have just finished and me and my irish mate rob who im now travelling with have just arrived at a new farm to work for another 2 weeks before we head over to Perth on the west coast to work at the mines to earn some really good money to use to travel the rest of australia.

You may have noticed there are no pictures here, and i am incredibly sorry to say its because my camera was stolen along with all my pictures and my mp3 player as well, so no more pictures im afraid. Sorry to those of you who just looked at those and didnt bother reading.



Advertisement



27th May 2007

bollocks!
fuck! captain insurance? tell me you employed captain insurance! if you didn't i might just kick you in the nuts when you get home! bastard. and i'm glad your blood lust hasn't been reduced at all :D and um well you wanted to work on a farm back home, so it's not even like you've changed your life at all :P how goddam easy was it to get a job?! 'i realised i had no money, so i worked for a couple of weeks' JUST LIKE THAT! buggery.
28th May 2007

sucks u lost your camera, people alwaays seem to have their cameras stolen on journeys like yours i remember james had his stolen twice. how did you lose yours? id be well pissed about the mp3 player.... i need music for when there is nothing to do. u came across a tad sadistic in this blog jon =P loving blood on your lip etc .. tone it down a tad or something next time? =P u want friends when you return dont ya? =P
29th May 2007

Money and things!
Jonathan, Sorry I was abit abrupt on the phone but was at work and also a bit pissed off. I tried to call you back but got no reply however did leave a message . As I have not responded to your previous blog I will do so now. Cairns seemed real great at least you got something for your money instead of Pi...ing it up against the wall. Cannot understand how you have spent everything considering the amount you took out with you. So basically you are totally skint no reserve money for N.Z and onward? !!!. To day I will transfer £ 300 into your N.W. account but this will be a first and last time I will do it. You must learn to budget and get a job that covers your living costs and allows you to save some for travelling expenses. I shan't harp on any more. Please tell me your camera and i-pod were insured. Have just checked the papers you left me and hopefully your downunder worldwide travel insurance should cover. Let me know if you want some help claiming. You should report it to the police and get a crime number. Well son you will soon be over the other coast. At least Tim can give you some advice especially about working down the mines. Which will also be hard physical work ! Please contact me some how and let me know you have received the money. Take care son and grow up. All the best Dad.
30th May 2007

.....No more spider pictures then? :( xx
1st June 2007

that was....graphic
i like how because you don't have a camera now, you feel the need to explain all the icky stuff to us :D very (non) graphic :)
12th June 2007

yeah im with dave on this one, i believe its correct medical name is lord of the flies syndrome. famous sufferers include nicole kidman and nat king cole and we all know what happened to them. barney the dinosaur was another. careful jon its a downwards spiral. oh! toby anstis as well, bloody blood lusting bastards.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb