Sight Seeing in Sydney!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
March 25th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up relatively early this morning as we had a number of things to conquer! It was a beautiful sunny day so we headed down to Darling Harbour where we enjoyed a coffee while a jazz band played in the sun, we then went into Sydney Aquarium which was awesome, think we were some of the oldest people there minus families, but we had a great time. There were sharks, platypus, crocodiles, penguins, all the fish from the great barrier reef and we even got to stroke a star fish!
After the aquarium, we grabbed some lunch and took it to the Royal Botanical Gardens overlooking the whole of the harbour with the bridge and the opera house and with the sun it was perfect. We spent a couple of hours sitting in the sun, reading and writing postcards before the clouds came over and we head for the Opera House.
I think it looks a lot better from further away and because of all the wood timbers its pretty dark inside, but it was cool to say we've been there. On the off chance we thought we would ask if there were any tickets left for any of the shows over the next two days and there was! So tomorrow night- we are going to see a comedy play called The Alchemist, whcih should be so so good and we got the tickets for half the price and we are sat 5 rows from the front! We couldn't believe our luck. Duffy is playing there tomorrow, but unfortunately all the tickets were sold out. Not sure what we're doing tonight but thats Sydney so far- off to Manly Beach for the day tomorrow.
Oh and on the walk home we bumped into our 3 Danish Friends- so crazy so we're hoping to meet with them tomorrow


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb