Down Under At Last


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
December 10th 2008
Published: December 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Sydney. After a short 15-hour plane ride we hit the ground running on Wednesday morning. After dropping our bags at the hotel, we boarded a ferry and headed across the harbor to visit the Taronga Zoo. The harbor ferry provided a nice survey of downtown Sydney with great views of the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. The Taronga Zoo was an excellent first Australian encounter. We saw koalas, kangaroos and dingos up close. We'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but we're even more convinced that Jazz is a dingo. Some of the animal enclosures had a backdrop of the harbor which made for some very interesting contrasts between city life and wildlife. We took a short afternoon nap and then met our friends Brian and Amanda for a nice dinner out. Amanda had the great suggestion of Bird Cow Fish up in their Surrey Hills neighborhood. As soon as she suggested it, we remembered seeing it on Rachel Ray's show a few weeks ago so we were sold. Food was excellent and we really enjoyed hearing the recent Ex-Pats perspective on the city. We took an evening stroll in The Rocks and had an amazing view of the Opera House at night. It's rainy here, so not sure what that means for tomorrow's plans...


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Dingos!!!Dingos!!!
Dingos!!!

Hello Jazz


11th December 2008

I totally agree...Jazz is definantly a dingo! Glad you guys made it safely...

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb