NYE: Sydney itinerary


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
January 4th 2008
Published: January 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

greyhound trip to Sydney

exhausting.... but beautiful landscapes and sceneries!!!


For NewYear's Eve, Robert and I agreed to meet again in Sydney before he finally wanted to leave for New Zealand. As mode of transport I chose a Greyhound coach, travel time approximately 19 hours. ufff. Although the bus driver sometimes acted as a knowledgeable tour-guide, and passing through different vegetations and cute villages was very impressive for me, I arrived pretty exhausted at central station, Sydney. Fortunately Robert booked ahead a YHA hostel pretty close to the station. On the first day I explored the near vicinity and the inside of the Opera House on my own, and on the next day Robert and I investigated pretty much of Sydney central city, including a fully-automatic toilet in the central park... funny! Together with another couple from Rosenheim that Robert had invited, and Lisa, our Scottish room mate, we then prepared for New Year's Eve, but we did not know exactly where to head. Thus: just follow the masses. Soon we realized, that the best view would be on the road across the harbour bridge, but one could enter only with invitation ticket. So we just started "begging" for them people on the street who have won too many of those tickets in a radio show the day before. And finally, after about 20min, everyone of us had tickets, and we could enter! Unbelievable! Just watch the videos! Sydney had 6 fireworks in the harbour! The next day we (again, and accidentally) met a group of Austrian guys who Robert already knew from one of his many other trips... the world is a pretty small place sometimes. The next day, Robert and I relaxed at the Sydney Harbour Front and Opera House, with many interesting festivities and restaurants. Great! Finally, Robert had to leave early in the morning the next day, and I finished this fabulous city trip with a relaxing visit of one of the most beautiful zoos- in Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 177, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb