Upcoming trip to New Zealand & Australian Open


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Airport
December 19th 2009
Published: December 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I think after nineteen year's of trying to figure out the best way "out" of the area in the winter to connect to international flights at SFO we have finally come up with a workable and relaxing, sort of, method to get to the airport.

For year's we would play the fog, rain, small plane lotto. Often loosing or being extremely anxious after flights were delayed or cancelled and ending up in a bus or taxi up to San Francisco.

Next came several year's of renting a car and either going up the night before for earlier flights or leaving around noon for evening flights. Worked better but the car had to be returned to the "rental complex" an elevated tram ride from the terminal and necessitated shlepping bags up and down escalators or elevators'

Then we finally tried on our last trip to Australia in July of 2009 using Monterey Airbus. They picked us up at our home, transported us to Monterey and then by way of Prunedale and San Jose Airport got us to SFO in less than 2 and a half hours. The space was a bit cramped with every seat taken but it was a much better way to get there. We pulled up practically in front of the entrance door's to United and quickly got the bag's checked and off to the departure lounge.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb