Whales and an airport...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Airport
October 8th 2008
Published: October 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well helllllllloooooo there!!! It's us again, I bet you will be glad when we are back so that you don't get these emails from us!! Lol! Well we are in Sydney Airport... and we knew we shouldn't have said anything about not being delayed!!! We have an estimated 2 hour extra wait!! Woo hoo!! But anyway we have had a great time in Sydney and we will definately be back here as well!!

Yesterday afternoon we went whale watching!! It was a real chilled out time and we saw eight humpback whales, we didn't see them come out of the water (breaching) like you see on the movies or pictures, but we saw most of their bodies at different times and they liked splashing about! Once again Rob got snap-happy, making full use of the continuos shooting mode on our camera ... and we have lots of pictures of... water and not a lot else, although we do have some decent ones! All the photos are to follow as we can't upload them here! It was totally cool!! The trip was made more exciting because we were able to help people with sea sickness!!! We had taken some pills just in case, so we were both fine... but there were many others that weren't! Karen gave away a full box of tablets! She really has a ministry to the sea-sick!!

Because the boat we went on carried scientists that monitor the whales we were trying to find a mother and calf that were suppposed to be off Bondi beach but we weren't able to locate them, which was a bit of a shame. On the way back in we managed to catch a pod of Dolphins, they were totally amazing and swam alongside the boat for a while before moving on when we reached the harbour mouth.

We got back to the Hotel for a quick shower and change and then we were off to meet one of Karen's relatives that lives in Sydney. We had a couple of drinks at Darling harbour and then went to China town for a meal... they certainly do things differently to England! We had a whole Peking Duck with head and everything... served with pancakes to start and then they took the rest away and served it with anything else you choose, we had it with noodles! Yum!! The meal was great!!! We said goodbye to Karen's cousin and then went back to the hotel.

We got up this morning and went to The Rocks cafe again for breakfast, which is just fantastic! Rather pricey but well worth it if you're ever in Sydney. We had a little look round the shops and a scarey women tried to sell us a necklace costing $2000! We made a sharp exit before Rob collapsed.

So here we are at the airport and our currrent estimated departure time is 16.45. Our flight to Singapore is 8 hours and it is 3 hours behind Sydney time so we think we may have time for a quick drink when we get there!!

TTFN

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb