The Take Off


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Airport
March 12th 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Qantas Boeing 747-400Qantas Boeing 747-400Qantas Boeing 747-400

We are in seats 2k and 3k
Jeff and I depart Sydney on QF127 11.55am March 15. We will leave home at 9.30am and arrive Sydney International Airport around 10.15am. Once checked in at First Class check in, we will go through customs to the duty free store and the Qantas First Class Lounge. (More about the flight later)

The first stop is Hong Kong, and arrival is 5.45pm(HK time). We will overnight at the Novotel Citygate, Hong Kong Airport. This is the first time we will stay at the Citygate, as in previous visits we have stayed at the Regal Airport hotel.

Packing wasn't all that stressful. The car came to pick us up at 9.30am , and we arrived at the airport in just over a half an hour.

We went to 1st Class check in and while we were handed our boarding pass, a First host, Mindy, introduced herself. We were whisked through customs and security without having to wait. It was wonderful, we loved it!!😊

Once in the lounge, we sipped obligatory Moet champagne to kick start the trip, and Jeff relaxed while Paul made some last minute calls.

Soon it was time to board QF127, a 747-400. We
Novotel CitygateNovotel CitygateNovotel Citygate

The first nights accomodation
quickly settled into seats 2K and 3K. Our crew inrtoduced themselves and we were offered a glass of Tattinger vintage champagne with a plate of nuts and another of olives. Once in the air the crew came around and gave us our amenity kit, sleeper suits and todays menu and wine list.

We spent the flight enjoying the food and wines, relaxing in the luxurious seats and watching one of the many movies on offer. It was just so relaxing, and the flight passed very quickly. Before we knew it, we were on approach to Hong Kong, one of our favourite cities.

After a long wait at the Immigration lines, we cleared customers and were on our way to the Novotel Citygate Hotel. We checked at the Executive club lounge, and were then escorted to our suite. It was a bit of an odd design, but we were so tired that after showering we just fell into bed and had a great nights sleep.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

ChampagneChampagne
Champagne

Having a glass or 2
Champagne1Champagne1
Champagne1

Champagne a great start to the trip
Gin & TonicGin & Tonic
Gin & Tonic

Sipping this I thought of Robert, Grant and Jim
EntreeEntree
Entree

Quail and Pomegranite salad, Mount Pleasant Lovedale Semillon 2006
DessertDessert
Dessert

Tasting plate, Macadamia Treacle Sponge, Rasberry Icecream and Chocolate and Pistaccio Tart
Its my BirthdayIts my Birthday
Its my Birthday

No wonder he is smilling, the crew gave Jeffrey a present of a bottle of Tattinger


16th March 2007

ah ha
Hi Jeff, Happy Birthday Old Man!! and Paul, wow what a wonderful time you guys are going to have. 6 weeks first class! go in style boys!! take care, hugz to you both. Rob
17th March 2007

Happy 40th Jeff - and still celebrating!
Hi - you guys are travelling in style! The travel blog is a great idea. Enjoy your trip and stay safe. If it's your first time to Dubai, have afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab with some bubbly - great views of Dubai and an endless supply of gourmet snacks - you will not need dinner that night! Need to book beforehand. We had the Worlds Greatest Shave yesterday for Leukaemia and raised $2,005 dollars. Our godson Lachlan (4) is battling with it but doing just fine. I've sent photo of my head to 'bevins' email.

Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb