A lot can happen in a year


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Potts Point
May 19th 2013
Published: May 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Exactly one year ago today, having bundled up nearly all my belongings into storage, I joined more than half a million other New Zealanders in the so-called "lucky country". I can't believe how quickly it's gone. I didn't know what the future would hold, with a work contract for one year, so I set myself a goal to see as much as I could in my year. I've visited every State and Ter... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




19th May 2013

creepy crawlies...you'll get used to them!
Ah, it's good thing you didn't get Andrew talking about my hand-size huntsman story - involves me in the shower, reaching for my towel, massive screams...and Andrew rushing in thinking there was an axe murder in the house. He thought it was hilarious! In my first year in Tassie I was stung by a bee and a scorpion...but in my 6th year now I have a very good relationship with all the spiders on our property :)
19th May 2013

Never!
I will never get used to the creepy crawlies!! I'm so glad you didn't tell me those stories - I have enough that give me the cold sweats as it is. I'm happy to hear that you recovered from the scorpion - I had no idea you had them in Tasmania. Another fear for the list!!
19th May 2013

The Lucky Country
I never take it for granted...lucky to call it home...enjoyed the times we have shared it together.
19th May 2013

Thank you!
Thank you both for taking me under your wing, I have really appreciated it. Without you I would never have experienced the freedom and exhilaration of African dancing, which I think about surprisingly often!
19th May 2013

A lot can happen in a year
Really enjoyed the overall all year in Oz. It is a beautiful country and the opportunities are amazing, but I am glad I live here as I think I would find the flora a bit inhibiting - especially the way you describe it - unwelcome visitors can pop up anywhere!!
19th May 2013

You visited Parliament where you found out the difference between Australia and New Zealand is...
but you never shared that insight. Or perhaps it was all the creepy crawlies that I don't remember NZ having...but Parliament shouldn't have given you that insight. Linda and I are delighted to hear that your position was made permanent after your initial year contract. It was such a pleasure to have had dinner with you, David, and Denise in your apartment looking over Sydney Harbor. Your wines are fine as is your cooking.
19th May 2013

It was lovely to meet you and Linda as well. Perhaps we will have a reunion in some far-flung exotic location!
19th May 2013

camping possiblities
All sounds very exciting Rachael Now you know why I have never wanted to be a Ocker farmer Your mother was so impressed with your photos she is looking for a camping mate
19th May 2013

I'll book her in for camping weekend when she's here next month then!
20th May 2013

Lucky Country Indeed !
Happy and lucky to call Australia home . It is really is such a beautiful country, beautiful as NZ :)
20th May 2013

It's been a real pleasure to see more of this beautiful place!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 15; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb