Syndey


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Potts Point
November 14th 2007
Published: November 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So after not a great flight over from Hong Kong mainly due to the fact we were positioned next to the toilets unable to see a window so unsure when we were going to take off!

We made it to the hostel after a brief tour of the city on the airport shuttle bus we were last to be dropped off. We didn't need to wait long to get our rooms, after a shower which woke us up again we went exploring the city. We walked to the Harbour Bridge & Opera house before having a snooze in the Botanical Gardens, well James snoozed I look out for spiders! We realised that all the trees around us were full of bats sleeping during the mid day sunshine. We made it back to our hostel before cheating and going to a pub for dinner.

We have not done much else in Sydney due to the fact we discovered the whole city is full over the Christmas & New Year period & James' cough has gradually got worse! We have all ready tested the medical services of NSW, James has been to see a doctor today & has got antibiotics & an inhaler! With the accommodation with the prospect of sleeping on a park bench over Christmas looking possible we have spent most of the last fews days in the internet cafe looking for accommodation. We have looked at a 1 bed flat which was fab but a bit out of budget & out of the city which would mean we would be constantly on the bus & a shared house which the taxi driver driver described as not great street & the 8 police cars which went past us on the way there had pretty much made our minds up. So we started again today & have founf somewhere for Christmas just need to sort out NYE, we are both feeling alot happier than we have been in the last couple of days.

Over the next few weeks we hope to do the tourist bits we arent in a hurry & are going to wait until James is better! We move hostels on Monday, we may do a couple of weeks in the city then head to the beach for a couple of weeks. We will see where life takes us. Will update when we have more stories,
Manly BeachManly BeachManly Beach

Our first experience of an Australian beach
we are going to head off & enjoy the sun now think the internet cafe may charge us rent due to the amount of time we have spent here over the past two days!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Harbour Bridge & Opera HouseHarbour Bridge & Opera House
Harbour Bridge & Opera House

The typical tourist photo


14th November 2007

Hello
Oh poor James hope he is better soon. Sounds like you are having a ball. Take care
14th November 2007

Hello from the cold UK
Hey guys, wow sounds like you have been having a hetic time already! Glad you have somewhere to stay for Christmas and not a park bench! :0) Hope you feel better soon James, take it easy! take care, claire xx

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb