And then the rain came


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Parramatta
October 5th 2008
Published: October 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we got to the beach at Manly, which was a last minute switch from Bondi, as the roads to the Bridge were blocked by an accident. The beach is a cracker, all fine sand (yes Bob it does) and the weather was very warm, but the sea was(bloody) cold. It's surprising how all beach cafe's look the same the world over, only the food changes.

Friday night we went out to dinner at the Retired Services Club (the grandest British Legion club I've ever seen) big bars, big dining room, big dinners but small prices. An excellent night but then the thunderstorm!!
Thunder and lightening all night with not a little rain.

Saturday dawned a little overcast so we had a shopping experience at the local City Centre where, as you can see, it rained again. The afternoon saw us driving through Richmond towards the Blue Mountains where we had a little wander in the bush. After this exercise we returned to base for an excellent 'barbie'. A few drinks and some good conversation later we turned in only to be woken in the middle of the night by a terrific thunderstom!!

Ken you can tell the Taverners that we have broken the draught in Sydney. Sunday morning and it's still grey but they say Monday will be sunny.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



5th October 2008

Aussie Aussie Aussie - Oi Oi Oi
Isn't this travelling lark fun?! Glad to see you're having a great time. We bet it's easier in English than Spanglish though!!! Love Chrissie and Matt
5th October 2008

'streuth cobber
You let the Sheila use you new camera. I hope she didn't get sand in it before you found out what that other thumbwheel's for.
6th October 2008

It looks great. Glad you are having a good time. I expect you are off on your travels by now. Enjoy. Love Val
7th October 2008

At last a 'barbie'
Had Marcus been on the fosters?!!

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb