Let the adventure begin.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Mascot
April 5th 2013
Published: May 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Finally the day has come!

Teary farewells and the champagne accompanied transfer to the airport are long forgotten as the excitement kicks in.



Tickets & bags checked - check.

Passports stamped - check.

Carry-on scanned - hmmm.



So my dear husband now referred to as PL has no idea of carry-on restrictions and me in my ever frantic lead up didn't even think to broach the subject.

My carry-on scans through, no problem, but PL's is another story - here goes...



So PL has no idea of the liquid limits on international flights and has packed his entire toiletry bag in his carry-on luggage. Following scanning, security proceed to confiscate shaving cream, hair gel and other random 'beautifying' products... The bag is then re-scanned only to be ushered for a secondary search. The guy searches PL's bag only to find a massive wad of Egyptian pounds - he has a temporary 'heart attack', regains composure, shoves the loose wad of cash back in the bag and keeps searching - this is not what he is looking for...

The search continues and then Voila! out comes a mini bottle of cold champagne! Who would have known! PL then asks if he can drink it, and to my astonishment, the answer is YES! By this stage I'm in convulsions of laughter. So PL opens the bottle and as is only fitting for the story at this stage.. the champagne fizzes all over the stainless search counter and pools on the floor (in between PL's gulps)! The dude asks if we have tissues and I'm too busy laughing, all I have is travel wipes, he goes away and returns with a commercial sized roll of toilet paper which we rapidly exploit to clean the area and skulk away muttering numerous apologies in between fits of delirious laughter!

What a start to our adventure!

What will the next 3 weeks bring??

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb