A short hop down under.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
December 1st 2011
Published: December 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Sydney slightly confused, by both the loss of time and the fact that everyone spoke English. It took a little while before we stopped saying gracias instead of thank you. We managed to get through customs, even though they questioned why we were only staying for two days. We were soon on our way to our hostel in Collaroy Beach.

The next morning we woke up at reasonable time so decided we would go into Sydney and see a couple of the sights. We got a bus to Manly, where we laughed at the names of the shops, such as Manly Mexican. Then got the “World famous Manly ferry” into Sydney, from which we got to see the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

We then visited the Governors house and gardens and were lucky enough to be there on a day they do a tour of the house. Unfortunately we were unable to take photos inside but it’s definitely worth visit if you are in the area.

Afterwards we made the mistake of having a couple of schooners each, which helped the jetlag set in and we ended up going to bed early, waking up in the middle of the night and having to buy dinner from a vending machine!

Having a flight to catch at around midday we didn’t have a chance to get back to sleep so we dragged our half-awake selves to the airport and onto a plane bound for Hong Kong.

Though it was a very short stop in Sydney we like what we saw and have vowed to go back one day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb