Lost in the bush


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
November 18th 2008
Published: November 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's ok i didn't get lost in the bush, but it would be quite easy to because it all looks the same!

We went camping out in the bush at the weekend which was brilliant! I can't tell you the exact location because i don't know it, simple as that! It was about 150km out of Sydney tho. We headed through Hunters Valley which is the wine district, that was a beautiful place to see. We had to stop on route to buy some Dr Jurd's Jungle Juice, tasted great but it was pretty leathal but we restricted ourselves to one small glass a night. The first night we had some tea and then tried to watch The Castle dvd but the rain came on pretty heavy so we had to give up on that. We just went to bed instead. I thought i better go to the toilet before i went to bed. Our sleeping bags were covered in bugs plus i realised i had bugs in my pants too (the torch i took with me so i could see where i was going to do the toilet obviously attracted them to my butt!!).

Saturday we all got
GordonGordonGordon

the lizard thing
up and had some bacon butties, fantastic! We then set off with the 4WD and trailer to get some fire wood. We headed right into the bush and to cut a long story short we kinda got stuck and couldn't get the trailer back up a hill, so it had to get left for a few hours. In the midst of us trying to get the trailer out we didn't realise that we disturbed an ants nest. Now, these ants were no ordinary ants they were huge, red, nasty ones!! And they decided to attack! Me! It's ok i survived, they didn't quite make it up my jeans, only managed to sink their pincers into my boots and socks, thank goodness for that!!

It was a great weekend though and it was great to be out in the bush. Oh, i saw a few kangaroos too but Bob the Dog pretty much chased them away but it was funny to watch him. Plus i got to meet Gordon the Goana (not sure how to spell that), bascially he is a big lizard thing!

Note to self: Sitting in the back of 4WD ute whilst off roading is not a good idea if you have a bony ass like mine!! I have a few bruises to say the least! Me knees are pretty much bruised too!

We are back in Manly again for two nights and then we are heading up Sydney's Northern Beaches. We have sleeping bags and have borrowed a tent off friends so we are going camping for the next nine days or so.

I decided to go on a little walk today which ended up taking me about 2 hours but it was good. I walked along to Shelly Beach and bascially just kept going. It was a proper mapped walk but it was like being back in the bush again! I ended up at some former Artillery School and then i headed back to Manly.

Just been invited to a trivia night by the guy we were away camping with, we must have made a good impression! Better go for now, will update you all soon.

Me X X


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

hole in the wallhole in the wall
hole in the wall

i had to get through this to carry on my walk
former artillery schoolformer artillery school
former artillery school

the end of my walk
little pond thing little pond thing
little pond thing

didn't want to get too close cos i didn't know what would be in there!!
lizzy the lizardlizzy the lizard
lizzy the lizard

i spotted this guy on the way back down
Shelly beachShelly beach
Shelly beach

as the name suggests there is not much sand just broken shells


19th November 2008

crikey!
For a minute there stef, that lizard looked like a bloody croc!!! Sounds like you two are having a right bloody laugh! The Ladies all pass on their love. Stay safe Adam x
19th November 2008

Hi
Hey Stef, looks like your having a bra time. Not like you to get bruises lol.. Missing our nights out, have had a few mad ones myself lately.. Cayley has been asking for you cant show her this site as my computer is knackerd, hoping to get it sorted soon though.. Hows the ass?? You should fart more often that will keep them away lol. Take care, will text you soonxx Michellexx
22nd November 2008

hahaha
hahahaha you had ants in your pants!!!!!(ok technically you didn't but hey) looks like you are having an amazing time! Not like you to go a wander tho nef?? hahaha love jxx

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb