Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
July 25th 2012
Published: July 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So, I haven't updated my blog for a while. After spending our last few weeks chilling out in Pai and Bangkok in Thailand we boarded our flight to Sydney. The flight went well and we arrived at our hostel in Kings Cross with no problems. We stayed at the Palms Backpackers which was a really nice place to stay and everyone was very sociable which was perfect. We spent the first day chillaxing and sleeping in the park getting over our jetlag! The day after, we took a really nice walk through the botanic gardens and along the harbour to the opera house. It was really nice weather considering it was winter. We had the chance to go out in the evening with people from the hostel. Bar hopping for all the free drinks in different places. A girl got bottled in the last place that we we're in, apparently the area is very dangerous but we had no preoblems, I thought it was fine. It was really nice to go out with people from the hostel, made staying there much easier and eveyone was lovely. We spent the rest of our week chilling and shopping for warmer clothes! We also went to see Batman the day it came out which was epic and after met up with some friends from England that we haven't seen in a while. We also went to Bondi beach and took a nice walk along the sea front to a few different beaches. We did a bit of whale watching but we didnt see anything, I probably wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway without my glasses! At the end of our trip, the hostel manager did point out that there was a seal on the rocks right by the walk way so we did get to see something amazing that day apart from the beaches! We ended up arriving at the airport for our flight a day early and had to stay in the nearest place we could find. This wasn't to bad though as we got the luxury of a television and comfortable bed for the night! After boarding our three hour flight to Christchurch, I arrived to find that my bag had gone missing along the way and spent the next two days waiting around for them to get it back to me! We have now headed to Queenstown which is a very pretty town. More to come....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb