Arriving In Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
January 26th 2010
Published: January 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

From GardenFrom GardenFrom Garden

view of Sydney bridge
Ello’ mates,

Good afternoon from Perth, Australia!! As I sit in the airport waiting for a plane to Brisbane I anticipate my blog will be filled with improper grammer due to the fact that Australians speak like “spasticks” as they called them also known as a retard haha..its definitely rubbing off on me. They seem to shorten everything as in university is now a uni and board shorts are swimmers or boardies ha..also everything common to me and you is called something different; such as a redneck type person is called a brogen, getting drunk is sometimes reffered to as getting on the piss, how you doing is called a how ye goin’ and a cooler is called an eski.

This is our third flight in a week and we’re excited to get to the sunshine coast and the gold coast in our campervan. We plan to roam up the sunshine coast north of Brisbane for a few days and then travel south down to the gold coast and on to Sydney by Feb 1st .
When we arrived in Sydney Jan 19th I met a local guy named Peter on the plane who gave me some insight on where to go in Sydney and we shared a cab to a place called Kings Cross which is a suburb of sydney. We stayed two nights at the Great Aussie Backpackers Hostel and got some much needed rest. The first day in Sydney we took a walk down to city center where we found botanical gardens, Sydney opera house, a lovely harbor and the Sydney bridge. It’s a very active community with runners and outdoor fitness classes mixed within and a whole heap of cockatoos.

The next day in Sydney we took a day trip to Clovelly beach via train and bus because the diving there was supposed to be top notch. When we arrived on Sydney east beach Clovelly there was a massive swell in and the waves were topping 12’. Looked like diving was out, so we took a coastal walk down to the adjacent beaches. The next beach was called Bronte Beach and we had to walk through a creepy coastal cemetary to get there. When we arrived there were a couple surfers do in tow ins with a sea doo and hundreds of spectators. We arrived at our final beach Bondi Beach which is known
walkingwalkingwalking

along the bay
for a younger party crowd and it kind of looked like a miami beach type setting with shops and such along a boardwalk with sand for days. It was kind of like my Europe trip where it was tough to find a beach with clothed women on it! Jon was very upset . But I got my fist swim in the Indian Ocean ever!

That night we caught a comedy mind reader show at the opera house and it was pretty cool to see aussie comedy in person. We went to Bondi Beach after to catch up with Jeni (who is an aussie girl I met in Rome last year.) We ended up partying all night at the Golden Sheaf and getting lost along the way. We though we were super lost but then we saw the hookers so we knew were were close lol. We ended up catching a cab to the airport around 3am. We didn’t know the airport was closed until 4am so we caught a quick snooze outside on the ground until it opened. Our flight finally left at 6am and we arrived in Perth shortly after to attend Lara Meyers wedding. More to come…
city centrecity centrecity centre

downtown




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ClovellyClovelly
Clovelly

chillin with our new buddy
Clovelly Clovelly
Clovelly

our little chill cave
coastal walkcoastal walk
coastal walk

cemetary
Bronte BeachBronte Beach
Bronte Beach

overlook


26th January 2010

$$$
Money was securely deposited into your account. Sounds like you're having a blast! Keep up the blogging, they're really exciting to read and the pictures are classic! See ya mate.
26th January 2010

Looks like fun!
Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Your pics are beautiful. Sure makes me want to visit Australia! Please find a koala bear for me, ok? A real one. :) Love you!
26th January 2010

Fantastic!
So glad you finally got your blog going...looks great so far and can't wait for the rest of the pics. The ones you posted are fantastico!! Love you and miss you....mom
27th January 2010

WOW!
Looks so awesome!! Have a FANTASTIC time! Love you lots! Keep the blogs coming...
2nd February 2010

thanks
cool mate thanks a lot! miss u dearly..cheers

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0851s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb