24 hours in Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
July 11th 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Sydney stupidly early in the morning after a sleepless flight from Singapore. Our hostel was in Kings Cross which is certainly an interesting area. By the time we had collected our luggage, cleared the surprisingly friendly customs and caught a train and bus into Kings Cross it was about 7am, exactly the same time all of the revellers were stumbling out of the clubs and into taxis and kebab shops. There are 24 hour strip clubs on Darlinghurst Road in Kings Cross. Surely there can't be a market for that sort of entertainment at 11am? The Australian dress sense or lack of it was quite something. It looked like all of the girls in their finery had walked straight out of an 80's timewarp.

We were unable to check into our room that early so we made do with eating pie and mash and falling asleep in the TV room. After a sleep and a shower we braved the cold winter weather and wlaked around to the botanic gardens and took in views of the opera house and harbour bridge. Later we visited a museum with some intersting skeletons and dinosaur exhibits before stopping by at a Church which was instantly forgettable.

At night we had Sunday roast served by an Eastern European girl, wandered back to the botanic gardens to see the harbour at night and a bin-raking possum and then watched Lewis Hamilton win the British grand prix.

Much to my delight we managed to grap a couple of Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the airport before departing for Santiago.

Australia done, Chile next.

Al.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.044s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb