Evil Innkeepers!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
February 27th 2008
Published: March 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived into Sydney's Central Station pretty groggy and tired after a night on the coach. We took the train over to King's Cross station where we'd been staying for a few days. We thought our serviced apartment was quite near the station, and although it ultimately wasn't that far, with all our stuff and low energy levels it was quite the hike. We were staying at a place called Roslyn Gardens. It was a bit out of our budget, but we were hoping we'd save lots by being able to cook in our kitchen, and it was Mardi Gras that weekend so we didn't have much choice, having left the booking to the last minute. The man working reception at Roslyn Gardens was possibly the worst person to be working in the hospitality industry ever! Even though he had messed up our booking he was incredibly rude to us. We had been moved into what they called a one bedroom apartment but was really just a glorified motel room with a kitchen. The room was clearly meant for three people but they were trying to fit the four of us in with an extra fold up bed. When we complained he claimed he was doing us a favour as we would have been staying in a mildew ridden room if we had kept our original booking. Great, thanks buddy. The one good thing about the apartment was that it included free Wireless internet, and we spent a good amount of time online booking the next two weeks of our trip. We walked to the grocery store and Lisa and Vicky made us home-made pizza's and salad for dinner that night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb