03 05 2010


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

03 05 2010

Today was an in transit day. We essentially kicked our heels around Sydney whilst waiting for time to elapse to go to the airport and fly to Thailand.

The Crowne Plaza nice hotel and very comfortable. A warm day in Sydney and took a few pictures of the Government building and the Queen Victoria building.

The chauffeur turned up and took us to the airport and into the luxury of Emirates business class. We had a great view of the jet as they got it ready for our flight. All went well and it was a 9 hour flight which went without incident. Great food and top service. A new day tomorrow.

Got here and got a public taxi to the hotel. Taxi driver seemed happy the roads were quiet at this time of night and tore past the 80 signs at 120. Bill for taxi 450 baht or about £9.00.

Had a bit of trouble getting past the barricades of used tyres and had to go round the block and up to security to get to the entrance. Seems of all the hotels in Bangkok ours is in the middle of the trouble zone. On the plus side the room is enormous and has its own lounge and 2 TVs with very comfortable bed. Got to bed about 3.30 am and listened to what we hoped were the sounds of thunder outside.

What had Thailand got to offer? A whole chapter beginning watch this space.

Phil and Wendy explorers extraordinaire.


XXXXXXX





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



4th May 2010

Eastman curse continues
Trust you two to be in the thick of the riots and trouble! Keep your heads and bums down ! Love Fiona x

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb