Sydney here we come!!!


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Early morning start to catch the 5.45 am flight. I am so excited and ready to roll. Cant believe we're finally off.

Well Amelie did have a little sleep on the plane which isnt bad because then she woke up happy. Its a 737 with a 3x3 seating and a tiny aisle. Feels very cramped in here when we're used to the big jumbo jets! Thank god for the dvd player when she got restless. I only wish the battery would last longer.

Taxi took us to the Pacific International suites which is very near Darling harbour. Woah traffic is mental here,sure feels like a big city. Dont they use indicators?that must be optional here and what's with the funny merging they do???

Hotel is fab and such a great location. There is a partition from the bedroom so Amelie has her cot in the lounge area and is happy enough.

We set off to explore Darling harbour and have some lunch. Went to visit the Syney Wildlife Wolrd that was fab. Its an indoor attraction that is quite new and made so well. Saw for the 1st time the Southern Cassowary : "Listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most dangerous bird in the world, its a large flightless bird, and is the only species of cassowary found in Australia."
We enjoyed watching the bilbies, possums and others. They have food near the window so you get to see them close. Amelie likes the snakes ans spiders but not for me thanx.

Did you know that butterflies have their tastebuds on their feet? Or that 90% of the mammals found in Australia can be found no where else in the world? I didn’t.


After that we took a walk to Harbourside to do some shopping which Amelie wouldnt allow(whinge whinge whinge... Aaaaaargh!!!!!!!!) but she ended up asleep so we went back to the hotel,it was a long day.

PS: Got no good pics today cause someone was in charge of recharging the camera and didnt do it.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb