A Journey of a Thousand Miles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
November 23rd 2006
Published: November 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Starts with a single step.



This may be a twee way to start a Travel Blog, but as we all know, Confucius say that man who walk out of Singapore Airlnes sideways go to Bangkok. True story. Happened to a friend of a friend of mine. Nonetheless any trips need to start somewhere and they usually start at home. In fact they should always start at home; of course where they end up nobody really seems to know. Somehow, in the next 6 weeks, we're going to get ready for another month on the road, sitting here in our airconditioned apartment in Pyrmont. To think that on Christmas day we'll be in Narita Airport, then on Boxing Day we'll be in the Old World again after 2 years. London (and the Tate, the British Museeum, and PUBS!!! Awww yeaahhh!), Barcelona (for a lightning stop shopping trip involving our old haunts for a meager 6 hours) then Paris (of course for New Year's Eve - the only place to spend NYE if you're not in Sydney!) then Rome and a vineyard near Sienna for a week. We can't leave the Mediterannean without assuaging my thirst for the arcane and ancient with a trip to Cairo and Luxor. Finally, with the dim tears of departure and regret we'll return to our antipodean shore via Vancouver, incomplete without a trip to see the ice, orcas and try some famous Canadian Nanaimo Bars.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb