Amazing first week


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Coogee
November 8th 2009
Published: November 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I don't really know where to start - I've been having problems with this all week and haven't been able to update it so I'll try and wrap it up now.
Day 2 - We all went surfing on a private beach in Bondi and the weather was 40 degrees. Couldn't have had a better day to be honest, even though I was rubbish at it 😊 The water was just pure clear and the coach men were all mint, we all finished off with a walk along the beach! The group got invited to a free meal and night out at a bar called the Gaff that night and I can't remember much more...
Day 3 - The weather had dropped about 20 degrees today and we basically just got our essential stuff done like sorted our bank accounts out and stuff... extreeemely hungover. We went to the Sydney Aquarium too but it wasn't that amazing. Mark (leader man) told us about this drink called Delish which is basically horrible wine and fruit mix at 9% and you could get crates of 24 for ten dollars, so the night just consisted of lots of drinking games in our dorm!
Day 4 - Today we were supposed to go to Bondi beach and have a big BBQ and stuff, but the weather was still not favouring us and instead we went to the zoo... which I was chuffed with 😊 we watched like seal shows and stuff and saw gorillas. I can't really remember what we did at night to be honest, wasn't much cos we had a big day ahead.
Day 5 - Had to get up at 6am but it was soooo worth it... went on a 3 hour drive to the Blue Mountains and even though it was raining it was just the best. We just trekked through the rainforest all day and saw the Three Sisters formation and Watoomba Falls and stuff, got some mint pictures but nowhere to put them up here. We got invited to a free night at a bar in Bondi Junction that night which was cool, there was a live band on and everything was sweet.
Day 6 - This day was pretty important, had to sort out what we wanted to do in the future. Me and two guys im friends with met Mark and he helped us plan a travel trip up the coast. I leave a week on Monday to go up and up and up the east coast, doing loads of things on the way. Visiting the Whitsundays and Fraser Island, Cape Trib, Great Barrier reef and loads more... im meeting the 2 guys in Byron bay cos were going separate ways for the first few days, but then i'll probably be travelling with them and trying to get a harvesting job somewhere like Brisbane. Went out for a free pub crawl at night which was dead good, everything paid for and had a mint time.
Day 7 - That's today, the weather's crap and i thought i'd better try and sort this out so you don't all shout at me 😊 going for a 'farewell dinner' up the Sydney tower tonight so hopefully gonna try some kangaroo! I'll keep you updated.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb