Day 50: Museum of Sydney on a wet and windy day‏


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » CBD
January 28th 2013
Published: January 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So on the one day that Steffan and Hannah were able to show off their new city to us it rained ALL day! We still headed from manly into the city and opted for the Museum of Sydney. We explored some of the other buildings in the city including the Queen Victoria building, which has a magnificent clock, and the customs house with its model-sized version of Sydney CBD under the glass floor. The evening consisted of a catch-up with home & away and neighbours and a delicious quiche dinner made by Hannah.

Bailey's bit:

It seems we were very lucky on our trip down the coast. Cyclone Oswald has made ground fall in north eastern Australia causing damage and severe flooding. Bundaberg, where we were only 5 or so days ago, is now at points under 8 metres of water! Needless to say the weather in Sydney is not quite typical for this time of year. Hopefully it will clear up towards the end of the week.

Daily mileage: 5 went down to Manly beach along the promenade, the surf was battering the beach causing it to flow over onto the path at times. Needless to say there were still some people catching the waves!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.7kb