Tumut, NSW


Advertisement
Published: April 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tumut's MTB TracksTumut's MTB TracksTumut's MTB Tracks

Tumut has got some great MTB tracks, which are linked to fire trails for longer rides. Native bush, rocky soils, haven't seen too many snakes.
The begining is always a logical place to start.

Seen as we have not had many visitors to Tumut, here's an update.

It is a small country town of somewhere between 7,000-11,000 people. Jake and I are right into our innercity living, so are in the CBD, a 4 minute walk from our desks @ work. It is at least a 10 minute walk until you are close enough to the countryside to see cows and suchlike.

It is hot and it is cold....in the past 2 weeks we have suddenly had to cope with temperatures ranging between 30-40 degrees celcius to a sudden nasty drop of temperatures in the 9-20 degree range...ouch!

The town has a big river, great for kyaking. It has a mountain bike park right on the edge of town. It is the gateway to the snowy mountains, and has dramatic scenary. Overall it's a pretty nice place to live.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

The many pubs of TumutThe many pubs of Tumut
The many pubs of Tumut

Tumut has 9 drinking establishments - with around 1000 people per pub, thats a pretty health ratio. The "dirty star" is considered one of the roughest, but I like it's charm. It has nothing on the Houhora Tavern though.


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb