Scotts Head


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Scotts Head
March 1st 2012
Published: March 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Normal 0 false false false EN-AU X-NONE X-NONE <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%!;(MISSING) mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
Must say that as much as I dislike the beach... the water has animals that can eat you and sting you and water that wants to drown you and sand was created to just annoy the crap out of you and get everywhere... Scotts Head is a wonderful spot and I have really enjoyed the 4 days we have spent here.

It is quite a busy caravan park, but it's no wonder considering it is dog friendly, right on the beach and very well maintained.

Noah has once again made lots of friends and while most of them don't know our names they call out hello to him when they walk past. I think the older travellers like him going to visit because they get to have a surrogate grandchild for the time we are around. He has also scored some interaction time with other kids the last couple of days, which has been great. Now if he'd just stop stealing the little girls purple bike...

Our days have been filled with visiting the playground (where Noah has discovered that mummy can also go down slippery slides and that it's pretty funny to see her do that), going around introducing Noah to the other camps, annoying the neighbour’s dog and visiting the beach.

Beach visits have at all times resulted in a wet and sandy Noah, but he is definitely not scared of the surf and I'm sure if I'd had swimmers on he would have happily gone out deeper with me carrying him. There were a couple of times he got knocked over, but it didn't seem to deter him and he remains an over-confident water baby. One positive - he didn't try to eat the sand.

Uni has started for both Ryan and I now, so Noah's sleeps are spent reading and listening to lectures. I seem to remember saying I was looking forward to uni starting so I would have something to do. I take it back. One week in and I'm already frustrated and worried I'm falling behind. It does usually take me a couple of weeks to get back into the swing of things.

There is a bit of wildlife around the caravan park. Namely goannas and a wallaby of some description. The goannas are a decent size and on our first day here the dogs dragged their metal crate along behind them in their efforts to catch a goanna that took up off the sand dunes. So we know when one is close by because they both bark at them.

The wallaby has a joey in the pouch. Aren't the photos cute!

I haven't made mention of this previously, but I have been making use of the oven. So far I've made chicken and vege pies, 3 loaves of bread and a banana cake. The first couple of loaves were a bit disastrous, but the last one was pretty good. The banana cake was going well until I burnt myself on the tin and the cake ended up upside down on the stove top. We saved it and it was very tasty. Another loaf of bread is needed, but I haven't had time the last couple of days.

We leave here tomorrow and head for a place west of Port Macquarie.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb